Coins for Kids
About “Coins for Kids”
“Coins for Kids” is a new fundraising opportunity at C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital. Community support is an integral part of Mott and many programs (such as Child & Family Life, the Family Resource Center, and the Mott Giving Library) which rely a great deal on community support.
100% of the money raised will go towards purchasing items for patients and families at Mott to make their stay a little easier.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1) My group is interested in participating in the “Coins for Kids” Fundraiser. How can we get involved?
To participate in the “Coins for Kids” fundraiser, please contact Mott Community Relations, at (734) 764-6874 or at email@example.com and we will be happy to get you started. We will provide your group with items needed for the fundraiser. We can also provide personalized informational flyers to assist you in spreading the word about “Coins for Kids.”
2) How do we turn our “Coins for Kids” donation in?
We are asking groups who are participating in “Coins for Kids” to have the change counted and presented to us in the form of a check. This way, the check can be quickly deposited and the money can be used on items for patients here at Mott.
Coin counting is available at many banks and also at Coinstar counters, which are located in Meijer, Kroger, and Busch’s. To find the nearest Coinstar location to you, visit www.coinstar.com.
3) Where is the money going?
The “Coins for Kids” funds will be used to purchase items on the Mott Wish List. Since we are running very low on baby items, we will start there and continue down the Wish List, purchasing items we feel are most needed and most requested by patients and families. The items we plan on purchasing with the money from “Coins for Kids” include:
- Board books for babies
- Baby Einstein crib mobiles
- Boppies (ring-shaped breast feeding pillows)
- Baby toys that encourage mental development
- Ocean Wonders bouncer seats, cradle swings
- funding for maintenance of the 5th floor aquarium
- patient care items for Pediatric Psychiatry
- Items for teenage patients
- Color Cube 500 by HoMedics
- Magnetic Sand Sea Life Table by Anatex
- Deluxe Mini Play Cube for Anatex
- Fiber Optic Curtains from www.specialneedstoys.com
- Budget Bubble Column from www.specialneedstoys.com
- Buddy & Bonita Sets from www.playscapes.com
4) How else can I help the patients and families at Mott?
There are many ways you can help: getting together with friends and making fleece blankets for patients, putting together bedside activity packs, donating brand new books and toys, and volunteering are just a few things that you can do to help make the stay of Mott patients and families a little easier. You can also visit our Mott Wish List.
Please feel free to contact the Office of Mott Community Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 734-764-6874 for more information.