Referrals are welcomed from physicians, advanced practice providers (APP) and insurers.

For medically-based communication or swallowing evaluation and/or treatment, a physician or APP referral is required.

Individuals requesting transgender communication services may self-refer.

Internal Referrals

Referrals from within Michigan Medicine should be submitted electronically via MiChart.

External Referrals

Referrals from outside of Michigan Medicine may be faxed to (734) 615-1532 or mailed to:


Outpatient Consult Request

Speech-Language Pathology
University of Michigan Health Systems
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
1D203 University Hospital, SPC 5043
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109