Patient Food and Nutrition Services (PFANS) offers patients fresh, made to
order meals, delivered room service style so patients get what they want,
when they want it.
PFANS has dynamic jobs in the food and nutrition field, and opportunities exist
to learn new technology and gain experience in healthcare. There are full and
part time shifts available to meet your individual lifestyle. The following
information describes some of the work we do.
This is for informational purposes only. To view and apply for current
job openings, we encourage you to visit
and search and apply for open positions in Patient Food and Nutrition Services
by using these filters: Career Interest "Patient Dietary/Nutrition Services"
and Location "Michigan Medicine - Health Sys".
Call Center Dietetic Assistants and Dietetic Technicians
- Interacts with patients by phone or at bedside to obtain meal selections
- Reviews special diet requirements with patients
- Participates as part of a healthcare team to provide great food and patient
Successful candidates are passionate about providing great customer service
and eager to learn about basic nutrition and specialized diets.
Milk Room Dietetic Technician
- Perform daily, hands-on aspects of the storage, preparation and
delivery of mother's breast milk, as well infant, pediatric, and
- Support the daily operations of the Milk Room to ensure optimal
safety for all patients receiving prepared products from the Milk Room
- Interface with Registered Dietitian Nutritionists, Lactation
Consultants, and interdisciplinary health care teams
Successful candidates have the aspiration to engage in providing
excellent service to patients and families in a safe environment.
- Participates on the culinary team to prepare nutritious meals for
patients, including hot and cold foods made to order
- Maintains food deliveries and supplies, and assists with the sanitation
in the kitchen as necessary
Successful candidates will have experience working in a fast paced
commercial kitchen, and a willingness to learn more about preparing food to
meet specialized nutritional needs of patients.
Patient Meal Assembly and Delivery
- Assists with the assembly of high quality, delicious meals for patients
and their guests
- Assists patients with their recovery by providing nutritious meals
delivered with a smile
Successful candidates have the desire to provide the ideal patient care
To view and apply for current job openings, we encourage you to visit
and search and apply for open positions in Patient Food and Nutrition
Services by using these filters: Career Interest
"Patient Dietary/Nutrition Services" and Location "Michigan Medicine - Health Sys".
Thank you for your interest in Patient Food and Nutrition Services.
The PFANS Management Team