Hospitalists participate in clinical and educational research projects in the collaboration with other investigators at C.S. Mott Children's Hospital. We are also part of a national collaboration called the PRIS – Pediatric Research in Inpatient Settings. Current projects either underway or in planning stages include.
- Supportive care for infants with bronchiolitis
- Inflammatory markers in exhaled breath in children with asthma or pneumonia
- Probiotics for prevention allergic disease in newborns
- Medical decision making by families of children with life limiting disease
- Hospitalist impact on middle-of-night learning by pediatric residents
- Readmission to the hospital for newborn jaundice
- Multi-disciplinary strategies for learning end-of-life care