- Common Questions Single Parents Ask
- You Are a Family
- Friendship and Support
- Help! I Feel Overwhelmed!
- The Money Crunch
- Disciplining Children
- Not Enough Hours in the Day?
- Non-residential Parenting After Divorce
- Co-parenting After Divorce
- Divorced Dads- Making the Most of Visitation
- Single, Custodial Fathers
- Making Joint Custody Work
- Adopting as a Single Parent—one woman’s story
- Single parent success—from Florida Extension talks about some of the strengths of single parent families.
- Single Parents Association provides education and fun family activities for single parents and their children. Call 602-788-5511.
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America has matched millions of children with caring adult mentors since 1904. Research shows that children with Big Brothers and Big Sisters are less likely to use drugs and alcohol, skip school, and have violent behavior. Call 215-567-7000
- Parents Without Partners, Inc. has local chapters that run programs in three areas: educational activities, family activities, and parent social/recreational activities. Call 561-391-8833.
- The Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement
Compiled by Kyla Boyse, R.N. Reviewed by faculty and staff at the University of Michigan
Updated May 2007
U-M Health System Related Sites: