Welcome to YourChild: Development and Behavior Resources, a unique new service of the University of Michigan's Department of Pediatrics.
- We designed YourChild especially for parents. This 'website of websites' offers an easy-to-use guide to help you (and your primary care providers) get through the maze of cyberspace and find the most helpful websites on many different child development and behavior topics.
- The topics, organized alphabetically, cover important areas like attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, parenting tips, and many safety issues. Just what parents want to know more about.
- YourChild will feature here a special section with commentary by our team of experts who will discuss current issues that are of greatest interest to parents. The topic will change periodically, and we will archive old commentaries.
- The team includes developmental and behavioral pediatricians and child psychologists in the Division of Child Behavioral Health and Kyla Boyse, R.N. .
- We carefully reviewed and screened thousands of child development and behavior Web pages and included those we felt were important, timely, accurate, and practical. We've given you tools to find information, resources, support and government agencies that can help you in parenting your kids.
- Our comments on each topic serve as a guide through cyberspace, summarize the topic and offer basic advice.
- At the end of each topic you will find a quick survey on how well you liked our site. Please let us know what you think.
- A special thanks goes to Kyla Boyse, R.N., a parent of young children herself, whose original idea it was to create this special website for YOU, the parent who needs and wants solid developmental and behavioral information for YourChild.
--Rick Solomon, M.D.
P.S. We recently started offering YourChild podcasts. Take your parenting information on the go!
Updated June 2007