Michigan Medicine Volunteer Distinguished Service Award
Nominations are now being accepted! Please click here for the Nomination Form.
Deadline for Submission: Saturday, February 28, 2015
Michigan Medicine Volunteer Recognition Committee Guidelines in Selecting Distinguished Service Awardees
To ensure decisions are fair, unbiased, and based solely on the nomination information.
Who is eligible?
Any individual student, community member, or volunteer placement supervisor whose ongoing service (in conjunction with programs supported
by Michigan Medicine Volunteer Services) has a positive impact on patients and families within Michigan Medicine in a substantial,
important, or unique way.
Who is not eligible?
- Previous winners or persons nominating themselves, spouses, or family members.
- A group of volunteers representing a unit or existing placement (i.e., "Emergency Room Volunteers").
- A group or organization whose members volunteer as an extension of one's job description (i.e., Free Clinic).
- One nomination must be completed per form.
- Only completed forms will be considered.
- Only those nominations that are received during nomination period will be considered.
- Nominees are selected based on merit and in accordance with U-M Standard Practice Guide
Michigan Medicine Volunteer Recognition Committee Distinguished Service Award Nomination Form
Nominations will be evaluated by the multi-disciplinary Volunteer Recognition Committee. Committee decisions are final.
Award announcements will be posted in the Bulletin, at least two weeks before the Volunteer Recognition Event.