To apply for the fellowship, you will need to:
- Complete the fellowship application and submit via email.
- Email supporting materials required for the application (see below). Mark all materials with your full name and Innovation Fellowship.
- Contact three people to send us letters of recommendation, and make sure their letters are sent by the application deadline.
All application materials must be received or postmarked by the applicable deadline.
Open the document and fill in the appropriate information. You may save the document to your computer and make changes as needed until it is complete. Then, send the final document via email to UM-MIC@med.umich.edu. Please place in the subject line of your email: Innovation Fellowship Application-"your last name".
MIC Innovation Fellowship Program
After you've submitted your online application, please provide us with the following materials:
- Official transcript from your most recent degree program
- Official copies of any national/state boards or qualifying examinations you've taken (e.g., GRE, MCAT, GMAT)
- Your resume or curriculum vitae (details below)
- Your three application essays (details below)
- Three letters of recommendation
Materials not in electronic form should be scanned and turned into PDF format. All supplementary materials should be sent no later than the application deadline. Please email materials to UM-MIC@med.umich.edu.
Please place in the subject line of your email: Innovation Fellowship Application-"your last name".
Your Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Please email us a copy of your resume or curriculum vitae. It should include the following information:
- National/state boards or qualifying examinations (e.g., GRE, MCAT, GMAT)
- Any health occupation license or registration ever held, including states, number, dates and status
- Present memberships in organizations
- A list of any publications
- Any intellectual property (patents and patents pending)
- A description of your primary research and scientific/clinical interests
- A summary of your teaching experience
We request the following three essays in order to learn more about you personally, your background, your values, and your passion. We want to know how you see yourself in some way changing the world. Please limit your response to each essay to 500 words (total for all 3 will be 1500 words).
- Essay 1 Innovation: What innovation has had the greatest impact on your life?
- Essay 2 Leadership: Describe a personal experience where you have played a key role as a leader or major contributor. What was your contribution to the team effort and what was the final outcome?
- Essay 3 Impact: We want to know who you are and what drives you. How do you hope to change the world?
Letters of Recommendation
Please contact three persons to write letters of recommendation.
- One of the letters must be from your program director or equivalent supervisor/director.
- The letters should be addressed to: UM MIC.
- Letters should be emailed directly from the author. We will not accept emailed letters of recommendation from applicants themselves.
- Please let the author know to email the letter to UM-MIC@med.umich.edu.
- Please place in the subject line of the email: Innovation Fellowship Application-"Applicants last name".
- The letters should give some sense of your ability to be creative and innovative, your academic record, research you've completed, etc.