This section of the UMHS-HR Web site is designed to meet the needs of Health System Supervisors or their designee, and is divided into the following categories:
Hiring the Best: This section will provide you with the resources and tools that will assist you with "hiring the best" candidate for each and every job. These resources and tools will help you to
- Use the eRecruit system to create a posting;
- Develop selection criteria;
- Source qualified candidates.
- Understand and help meet university affirmative action goals;
- Manage candidate paperwork;
- Verify qualifications;
- Make an offer;
- Orient a new employee;
- Utilize volunteers.
Healthcare Source Materials New 09/2014
- Healthcare Source Webinar Information for Hiring Managers
- Healthcare Source Job Family Overview
- Staff Assessment Training Kit
- Staff Assessment Overview (video)
Drug Free Workplace Resources New 10/2014
- Drug Free Workplace Policy
- Fitness for Duty Policy
- For Cause Drug Testing Checklist
- For Cause Drug Testing Policy
- For Cause Drug Testing Procedure Guide
- MNA/UMPNC For Cause Drug Testing
- POAM For Cause Drug Testing
- Pre-Employment Drug Testing Policy
- Practitioner Impairment Policy
Orientation of New Employees: This section will provide you the resources and tools that will assist you in guiding new employees. Here you will find the Orientation Checklist (word/pdf) and other items that are part of the orientation process.
Rewarding and Recognizing Employees: This section will provide you with the resources and tools that will assist you in providing the appropriate rewards and recognition for your staff members, including compensation, benefits, tuition support, time off and the PTO program, as well as employee recognition, health, well-being and retention.
Employee Retention: It costs a lot of money to hire and train new employees. Moreover, there is lost productivity when you have to replace an experienced employee. Familiarize yourself with resources in this section to keep your employee turnover rate low and retain your valuable employees.
Performance Management: Within this section, you will find resources and tools to effectively develop and counsel your staff members. The information provided will help you to set expectations, coach and mentor. In addition, this section contains performance evaluation forms as well as supporting resources and information regarding the Health Systems Performance Management System.
Conflict and Discipline Management: This section helps you when it is necessary to discipline employees and/or manage conflict.
Employee Termination: This section will provide you with resources that will assist you in the process of handling the termination of an employee.
Employment Laws and Bargaining Agreements: This section will provide you with resources regarding the many and complex laws relating to management, as well as the bargaining agreements with the various unions representing University employees.