Frequently Asked Questions
- What is your fax number?
- Where are your offices located?
- What are your business hours?
- Do you have a list of forms and/or maps available for department, employee and/or applicant use?
Affirmative Action & Diversity
- How may I obtain a copy of the University’s Affirmative Action policy?
- What office do I contact regarding diversity?
- How do I apply for a job? May I submit a resume only?
- Is it possible to have an employment application faxed to me?
- Where do I submit my bid form(s) when applying for a job?
- What if I have a question about a specific job posting?
- What is the deadline for a particular job posting?
- Can I access job postings on the computer?
- Who should I contact to update my resume/application?
- Where can I view job salary ranges?
General Questions About Your Employment
- Where may I obtain a faculty or staff handbook?
- How can I review my personnel file?
- Where can I obtain a copy of a job classification description?
- Where can I call to see if my job reclassification has been processed?
- What do I do if I’m having trouble at my workplace?
- Who do I contact about sexual harassment?
- Can I file a grievance if my employment isn’t covered by a labor agreement?
Tuition Support Program
Leaves of Absence
- I need to reach a member of the University of Michigan Health Systems staff. How can I contact them?
- How do I locate a patient in your facility?
Career Development/Professional Growth
- Does the University/Health System provide in-house training programs to enhance my skills and/or job performance?
Payroll & Timekeeping
- Can I receive my paycheck early?
- Who do I talk to if my paycheck is incorrect?
- When is payday?
- How can I have my paycheck deposited into my checking and/or savings account?
- How can I have my paycheck mailed to my home address?
- Can you tell me the amount of my paycheck?
- Where is my paycheck being sent?
- Why was my paycheck distributed to the Cashier’s Office at the Literature, Science & the Arts (LS&A) Building?
- Will you complete a written employment verification for me?
- How much paid time off/vacation time do I accrue?
- Do I receive a full month’s accrual if I am hired or return from leave of absence in the middle of the month?
- How do I find out what my PTO/Vacation accrual balance is?
- What holidays are observed by the University/Health System?
- Does the University/Health System provide paid time off to attend to funeral affairs?
- How much time off do I get for pregnancy?
- Am I eligible for "Season" Days?
Tax Form Questions
- What do I do if I’ve lost my W-2 Form? How can I obtain another copy?
- Can you help me fill out my tax withholding forms?
- I need to change my tax withholding. Can you send me a new tax form(s)?
Changing Personal Information (Employees Only)
General Information About the Health System Human Resources Department (UMHSHR)
There are several fax numbers available within Human Resources and you may use any of them to relay information to our department. The list below will help you direct your correspondence more precisely.
- Administration: 734-647-0696
- Human Resources Shared Services: 734-936-9526
- Employment: 734-763-4718
- Employee Relations: 734-936-9526
- Compensation: 734-763-4718
- Payroll: 734-615-5822
The Health System Human Resources Office is located in the North Campus Administrative Complex Building, 2901 Hubbard on the northeast corner of Huron Parkway and Hubbard. Click here for maps/directions to our location.
Our offices are open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Maps & Directions
This site will provide you with several maps and the directions to our offices at the North Campus Administrative Complex (NCAC). http://www.med.umich.edu/umhshr/about/find.html
You can access forms by visiting one of the web sites provided below.
- Human Resources Forms http://hr.umich.edu/hrris/forms/index.html
- Payroll Forms http://www.finops.umich.edu/payroll/forms
Affirmative Action & Diversity
To obtain a copy of the policy, call 734-763-0235, or stop by the Campus Human Resources office at 4005 Wolverine Tower located on S. State Street. The office will also fax a copy of the policy to you, if you desire. You can also obtain information on the policy by referring to: 201.35 Non-Discrimination.pdf (11K)
You may contact the Health System Human Resources Department for information on the Health System’s diversity initiatives at 734-647-1911 or contact the University of Michigan Affirmative Action Office at 734-763-0235. You can also obtain information by referring to:
- 201.35 Non-Discrimination.pdf (11K)
- 201.89-0 Sexual Harassment.pdf (62K)
- 201.82 EEO/Affirmative Action Policy.pdf (70K)
- or 601.06 Preventing Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation.pdf (11K)