UPDATE as of July, 2014
The committee on PTO Plan Changes has been meeting to work through the implementation of the changes announced in March, 2014. As of July 1, 2014 the following updates will take effect:
- Exempt employees will no longer be able to sell back PTO at the end of the calendar year.
- Non-exempt employees will continue to be able to sell back up to 40 hours of their PTO annually. 40 hours must remain in their PTO bank.
- A prorated PTO bank must be maintained for part-time employees.
PTO Payout at Termination
- Employees must be employed at the university for at least two years before being eligible for PTO payout if employment is terminated.
- PTO Policy (updated): http://www.med.umich.edu/i/policies/umh/04-06-010.html
- Termination SPG (updated): http://spg.umich.edu/policy/201.40
The committee continues to meet to work through the implementation details regarding the other changes announced in March, 2014.
Benefits Changes Announced March 2014
Questions can be directed to: UMHS Human Resources Compensation