Request For Proposal 2015(downloadable pdf version)
The University of Michigan Clinical Simulation Center (CSC) was established to support effective, innovative simulation-based educational initiatives in medical education. The Department of Learning Health Sciences (DLHS) has made funds available to continue this tradition. The CSC Research Committee is seeking proposals that apply best practices in simulation-based education for UME, GME, and other healthcare professionals.
Successful applications will focus on simulation-based education, and include a comprehensive evaluation program to determine the impact of funded project on learners.
Funding will be available this academic year to fund new or on-going projects. A maximum of $15,000/project will be available to fund up to three projects. Priority will be given to proposals that evaluate the project’s impact on patient outcomes.
Suggestions for successful proposals:
- Multi-discipline collaborative proposals are strongly encouraged.
- Proposals should involve faculty with broad range of expertise, including expertise in curriculum design, quality improvement/patient safety, and outcomes assessment.
- Include a comprehensive evaluation program to determine the impact of the funded project on learners and, when appropriate, patient outcomes.
- Funding may be not be used for capital purchases, but may be requested to support faculty and staff effort.
- Final report of the project is required, and scholarly presentation at an appropriate national conference is expected.
Proposals should be no more than 5 double spaced typed pages in length. All proposals should be organized as follows: abstract, specific aims, background/significance, project design, evaluation/ outcomes assessment plan, references, and if needed, appendices (which can also contain preliminary data).The abstract, references, and appendices are not included in the 5 page limit. Additionally, please provide letters of support from the Department Chair and/or other leaders that outline how this innovation will be sustained after funding cycle if it proves successful.
The deadline for proposals is August 1, 2015. All proposals will be reviewed by the CSC Research Committee and funded proposals announced by August 17, 2015. Start date for funding will be September, 2015.