Overflow Helistop (Ground Level)
Location and Use: North of University Hospital at ground level across street from Emergency room. Used when all other helipads are occupied.
LAT/LONG: N 42 17.1 / W 83 43.6
Dimensions: 60' X 60'
PCL: 130.6 key 5X
Elevation: 780 feet
Windsock: Lighted. SW of helipad
Weight Limit: 19,000 lbs. (restricted to single aircraft only)
- Notify Survival Flight Communications Center prior to departing home station
- Pilots notify Survival Flight Communications Center 10 minutes prior to landing on 130.6
- Approach and departures as depicted from West through NNE only
- All aircrafts movements, (LDG, T/O, and REPOSITIONING) will be coordinated with Survival Flight Communications. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Land facing due South as forward as possible.
- Pilot discretion advised in adverse wind conditions.
- Edge of helipad is 8" higher on NW and NE
- Landing pad lights and fire extinguisher in close proximity to pad
- Wires directly N of helistop.
Please call Survival Flight Communications Center at 1-800-822-2233 if there are any questions regarding landing at any of the Michigan Medicine helipads.