What Makes our social workers the Leaders and Best?
- One of the first Departments of Social Work, celebrating over 100 years of service.
- One of the largest social work departments in the country, with over 200 MSW and BSW social work professionals across the health system.
- World-class academic medical center that boasts a strong commitment to the education of social workers, partnering with the top-ranked social work schools in the area.
- Comprehensive benefits that help you to take care of yourself, while you are taking care of others.
- Continuing education offered regularly to promote the ongoing advancement of our professionals.
- A highly satisfied team, our social workers rank among the most satisfied employee groups at UMHS and across the nation.
- Diversity that means opportunities with a range of innovative medical specialties and teams, as well as a diverse patient population.
- The promotion of research through the development of social work clinician-scientists that support the creation of novel interventions to improve patient care.
- A commitment to our community; our social workers can be found not only in our health system, but in school programs, disaster relief efforts, health and wellness education, support groups, children's camps, fundraisers and more.
Interested in a career in social work?
If you are licensed to practice social work in the state of Michigan we would welcome the opportunity to see how you can help us provide exemplary service to our patients and thier families at UMHS. Click here to open up a new page that contains a short form to provide this information.