In cooperation with the City of Ann Arbor, Washtenaw County and others, we work closely with the Washtenaw County Treasurer to help seniors avoid losing their homes to foreclosure.
Services are coordinated to:
- Prevent mortgage or property tax foreclosures
- Obtain property tax reductions and extensions
- Cut through tax payment red tape
- Prepare income taxes
- Explore financial planning strategies and develop personal plans to maintain home ownership
- Process applications for emergency loans to pay delinquent taxes or mortgages
In partnership with AARP, we host free tax assistance programs throughout the tax season. Our tax preparation volunteers prepare federal and state income taxes, as well as screen participants for eligibility for tax credits, property tax deferments and property tax hardship applications. All seniors are eligible to participate in this program.
For more information, contact the Program Coordinator: Janet M. Hunko, L.L.M.S.W. Phone 734-998-9341 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Washtenaw County Treasurer
- Income tax information: Internal Revenue Service
- Michigan Department of Treasury
Resources for Homeowners with Forfeiture Notices from the County:
Resources for Homeowners Needing Repairs or Weatherization Assistance:
Property Tax Information Through Local Taxing Authorities (some web sites have databases that allow inquiries about individual parcels/properties)