Housing Counseling: Disclaimer
Organizations are placed on our list based on the following criteria:
- Incorporation as a not-for-profit corporation
- 501c3 tax exempt
- Complies with all appropriate nondiscrimination laws and regulations
Administrative and Programmatic Practices
- Federation's Board is composed of volunteers who serve without compensation
- Federation has a written mission statement
- Agencies participating in the UMHS Housing Bureau for Seniors must have a local presence as evidenced by a local office or local volunteer chapter, local fundraising experience, and/or documented provision of service in Washtenaw and surrounding counties.
- Agencies participating in the UMHS Housing Bureau for Seniors Web site must be in accordance with UMHS mission to improve the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community services, research and technology development, and leadership activities.
NOTE: Many of the postings on our pages are from independent organizations that are not the University of Michigan. Being on the list does not mean or imply that the University of Michigan endorses the external organizations or is in any way responsible for the activities.