Security Screening Program
To maintain a safe and secure environment, visitors to the following areas are required to wear visitor badges:
- Mott Hospital, Women’s Birth Center and Holden Neonatal Intensive Care Unit: Sundays - Saturdays, 6 a.m.- 9 p.m. After-hours visitors badges are issued by a Security Officer at the 24-hour entrance located on Taubman Level 2 near the south entrance for Visitor A parking structure.
- Cardiovascular Center: Monday - Friday, 8 p.m. - midnight; and weekends/holidays, 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Emergency Department: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
How it Works
Security Screening staff ask visitors to provide a picture ID, which is scanned into the computer, producing a personalized identification badge for each visitor.
Visitor badge stations assist with:
- Wayfinding and answering questions
- Issuing visitor badges, conducting visitor health screening and validating visitor parking
- Access to basic first aid and automated external defibrillator (AED) devices
- Non-violent crisis intervention