General Instructions for all Examinations
Note: The following preps are for outpatient care only.
For questions about any of these preps, please contact
the Radiology Reception Desk, at (734) 936-4500 for more information.
- If you are pregnant, or think you might be pregnant, you should discuss this with your physician. Under most conditions, these examinations will not be done on a pregnant patient.
- If you are a diabetic and taking insulin, you should ask your physician for specific instructions regarding the dosages for the day of your examination.
- If you are on a medically ordered fluid-restricted diet, have kidney failure or a kidney transplant you should discuss with your physician the prep you are asked to follow. This may need to be altered. Your physician should inform us if any change is made in the preparation.
- If your examination is in the afternoon, you may have a glass or a glass and a half (8 -12 ounces) of water around 7:00 a.m., otherwise you should have nothing to eat, drink, smoke or chew after the time indicated for each prep.
- Nothing to eat, drink, smoke or chew for four hours before the examination is scheduled. This includes all medications.
Reviewed and Approved:
Joel Platt, MD