Neuro Interventional: Our Research
Our division is involved with clinical trials and also utilizes several humanitarian use devices. Our ongoing projects at this time include.
- The Wingspan™ Stent System and Gateway™ PTA Balloon Catheter, a Humanitarian Use Device.
- The Neuroform™ stent microdelivery system, a Humanitarian Use Device for treating wide necked intracranial aneurysms.
- Carotid Revascularization Endarterectomy Versus Stenting Trial (CREST).
Our division is actively engaged in several research projects and a part of several active Institutional review board approved studies. Some of our ongoing projects include:
- Endovascular Treatment of Distal Cervical and Intracranial Dissections with the dedicated intracranial Neuroform Stent.
- Effect of dual anti-platelet agent pre-treatment in elective coil embolization of intracranial aneurysms.
- Stent assisted embolization of intracranial aneurysms: analysis of effectiveness and long term follow-up.
- Imaging study of the patients with reversible vaso-constriction syndromes and analysis of their clinical features.
- Angiographic placement of intra-arterial catheters and IA assisted CT angiography in the detection and localization of subtle neurovascular lesions.
- Study of effectiveness of intra-arterial closure devices in neurodiagnostic and neurointerventional procedures: comparison of manual compression, Cardiva boomrang and Angioseal devices.
- The study of Magnesium sulphate therapy on the severity and incidence of vasospasm in the patients with subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- The study of non-invasive localization and characterization of spinal dural AV fistulas with CT angiography.