If you have questions or need more information about the Department of Public Relations and Marketing Communications, please call our main number at 734-764-2220. Our fax number is 734-615-2169.
On weekends or after hours, call the U-M Health System operators at 734-936-4000 and ask to page the Public Relations team member on-call. (A U-M Health System Public Relations team member is on-call from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. 7 days a week).
The Department of Public Relations and Marketing Communications, headed by Interim Chief Communications Officer (CCO) Kallie Michels, directs communication programs for the U-M Health System.
- Director of Public Relations, Pete Barkey
- Director of Marketing, Dave Brudon
- Director of Physician and Consumer Communications, Josie Aguirre
- Director of Web Communications, Sue Crawford
Directions to our office:
North Campus Administrative Complex (NCAC)
2901 Hubbard St., Suite 2400 SPC 2435
Ann Arbor, MI. 48109-2435
Our offices are located in the former ITI building, now known as the North Campus Administrative Complex. It is near the corner of Huron Parkway and Hubbard Street, with entrances from both Hubbard Street (the main entrance) and Baxter Road (back entrance with staff parking space only).
When driving from the medical center, drive east on Fuller Road to North Campus. Take a left on Murfin and proceed north through North Campus and up the hill past Pierpont Commons to Hayward Road. Make a right on Hayward and continue east through two stop signs. The second stop turns into Hubbard. Go straight a short distance until you reach a traffic light at Huron Parkway. Continue straight through the intersection. Immediately on the left past the intersection is a modern silver and black building, with a sign reading "North Campus Administrative Complex, 2901 Hubbard."
The main parking lot at NCAC requires a Yellow parking pass. Visitor parking spaces are available in the parking lot on your left after entering the lot.
The NCAC building can also be reached from several (free) U-M bus lines. Allow 10-15 minutes for the trip from the medical campus area.
- The UMHS Intercampus Shuttle can be taken from Arbor Lakes, Mott, and NIB (among many other places), and stops at the back door of NCAC every 20 minutes.
- The Northbound Commuter (not Southbound!) bus can be taken every 10 minutes from the bus stop in front of Kresge (among other places) and stops on the corner of Hubbard and Huron Parkway.
- The Northwood bus can be taken every 10 minutes from the bus stop in front of the Kresge Building (among other places), and stops near the front entrance to NCAC.
Once inside the building, our suite of offices is on the second floor. Take the elevator or stairs located on the left side of the main atrium. Public Relations and Marketing Communications is down the hall to the left (look for the overhead sign), with Public Relations offices in the first suite, Physician and Consumer Communications in the second suite and Marketing in the third suite.