(Stipulated by NIH grant requirements)
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (only)
- Graduated or in the process of graduating with a baccalaureate degree in a biomedically relevant science, from an accredited U.S. college or university, no more than 36 month prior to applying to PREP, and are not currently enrolled in a graduate degree program.
- Must belong to groups considered underrepresented in the biomedical sciences as defined by the NIH to include individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities, and individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds (socially, culturally, economically, or educationally). Applications are especially encouraged from students who are African American/Black; Hispanic/Latino American; Native American Indian/Alaskan Native, or Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander.
- Plan to apply to a Ph.D. program in a biomedically relevant science after the successful completion of PREP.
How to Apply:
The 2013 application deadline for Michigan PREP has passed.
The application for the 2014 PREP cohort will open in early spring '14. The application will include:
- an online application form (coming soon)
- college transcripts
- three letters of recommendation
Kate Barald - PREP Director
phone: (734) 647-3376