The Department of Physical Medicine conducts both clinical and basic science research. Currently, we are involved in a number of exciting research projects that promise far-reaching effects, including projects with a focus on physical activity, metabolism and energy consumption, spine health and spinal cord injury, adapted neuropsychological assessment, pain management, cerebral palsy, neuropathies and balance, and health issues concerning women with disabilities. Our research engineers are making great technological advances with a brain computer interface and assistive technologies which provide access to technology to individuals with brain injuries.
- Adapted Cognitive Assessment Lab
- Center for Clinical Outcomes Development & Application
- Cerebral Palsy Research Consortium of Michigan
- Direct Brain Interface Project
- University of Michigan Spinal Cord Injury Model System
- Neuromuscular and Rehabilitation Robotics Laboratory
- Pain Rehabilitation Interventions for Symptom Management
- Rehabilitation Robotics Group
- Technology Increasing Knowledge: Technology Optimizing Choice Rehabilitation Engineering and Research Center (TIKTOC RERC)
Information on current Clinical Trials (UMClinicalStudies.org).