Case Managers- Inpatient Services
Our Adult Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit consists of 32 inpatient beds, and our Pediatric Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit (age newborn to 18 years) consists of eight inpatient beds.
Our physiatists are physicians skilled in managing challenging cases including stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, neurological disorders, fractures, joint replacements amputations, cancer, trauma/burn, arthritis, cardiac, pulmonary and pain syndromes.
The Rehabilitation team assists patients in returning to an independent and productive life. The team:
- consists of the patient, nurses, doctors, physical and occupational therapists, psychologists, rehabilitation engineers, recreational therapists, social workers and speech language pathologists
- collaborates to develop and implement an individualized rehabilitation care plan
- meets weekly to coordinate and facilitate recovery by collaborating with patients and their families regarding the next step in recovery.
The acute care and rehabilitation professionals provide exceptional care to smooth our patient’s road toward an independent and fulfilled life.
Adult Inpatient Rehabilitation consists of three clinical services:
- Spinal Cord Injury: Treatment of a variety of diagnosis of various types of SCI, pathophysiology of the spinal cord and affected body systems. Management of traumatic and atraumatic SCI, urological and pain interventions and spasticity management
- Neurology: Treatment of traumatic brain injury, stroke, neurological disorders including multiple sclerosis, motor neuron diseases, polyneuropathy, muscular dystrophy and Parkinson’s disease
- General: Treatment of congenital deformity, amputations, major multiple trauma, fracture of femur, burns, polyarticular rheumatoid arthritis psoriatic arthritis and seronegative arthropathies, osteoarthritis, systemic vasculidities with joint inflammation, and knee or joint replacement.
Pediatric Inpatient Rehabilitation Service
- Need text