Food Services for Patients: Specialized Base Menus
Below are the primary menus used in University Hospital, Women’s Hospital and C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital. These menus can be altered to accommodate additional dietary requirements, such as food allergies and low lactose.
- BMT/GVH: There are 4 levels of bone marrow transplant and/or graft vs. host disease menus designed for individuals who have food safety requirements associated with their condition.
- CL: The clear liquid diet is an introductory diet designed for individuals who are transitioning to solid foods.
- CM: The cardiac menu is designed for individuals who have restrictions on fat, cholesterol, and/or sodium. Also known as the heart-healthy menu.
- Calc: The calculated menu is designed for individuals who are following a carbohydrate-balanced diet. This menu also is known as the diabetic menu.
- Children’s: The children’s menu is designed for patients under the age of 18.
- Dysphagia/Mushy Soft: There are 4 levels of dysphagia diets designed for individuals who have problems with chewing and/or swallowing.
- FL/Pureed: The full liquid and pureed diets are designed for individuals with chewing/swallowing difficulties or who are in the process of transitioning to solid foods.
- G: The general menu is our non-restrictive menu for individuals who do not have special dietary requirements.
- R/US: The renal and/or unsalted menu is designed for individuals who have restrictions on potassium, phosphorus, protein and/or sodium.