C.S. Mott Children's Hospital & Von Voigtlander Women's Hospital
Pediatric Clinical Nutrition Concentration Competencies
Dietetic Interns in the Pediatric Clinical Nutrition Concentration
internship will have the opportunity to complete the following Pediatric
Clinical Nutrition Concentration Objectives:
- Demonstrate accurate utilization of the Nutrition Care Process
including assessment, nutrition diagnosis, intervention, monitoring,
evaluation and documentation for pediatric patients within a variety
of services in an acute care setting.
- Determine the optimal use for parenteral and enteral nutrition to
meet nutrition care goals.
- Calculate parenteral nutrition formulations.
- Determine the appropriate enteral products to meet medical
nutrition therapy goals.
- Utilize standardized processes to analyze nutrition services to
improve efficiency, effectiveness, fiscal health, employee engagement
and/or patient safety.
- Demonstrate effective time management and prioritization of
responsibilities to meet patient care needs and work demands.
- Prepare and present in-depth complex case studies and literature
reviews in the area of clinical nutrition and dietetics practice.