C.S. Mott Children's Hospital & Von Voigtlander Women's Hospital
Pediatric Nutrition Concentration Competencies
Dietetic Interns in the Pediatric Nutrition Concentration internship
will have the opportunity to complete the following Pediatric Clinical
Nutrition Concentration Objectives for patients with:
- Plan and implement the Nutrition Care Process for:
- various types of cancer
- congenital cardiac abnormalities
- cystic fibrosis
- developmental disabilities
- medical diagnosis of diabetics
- liver disease
- prematurity/newborn complications
- psychiatric disorders
- Evaluate and formulate infant formula recipes for infants with
complex medical conditions.
- Prepare and present in-depth complex case studies and literature
reviews in the area of pediatric clinical dietetics.
- Demonstrate the importance of accurately compounding parenteral
- Design clinical nutrition services in pediatrics to improve
efficiency, finances, employee engagement, patient safety,
- Participate in the management of patient care.
- Select and complete a one week elective with a Pediatric Clinical