UM Cardiovascular Center
Clinical Nutrition Concentration Competencies
Dietetic Interns in the Clinical Nutrition Concentration internship
will have the opportunity to complete the following Clinical Nutrition
- Demonstrate accurate utilization of the Nutrition Care
Process including assessment, nutrition diagnosis, intervention,
monitoring, evaluation and documentation for patients within a
variety of services in an acute care setting.
- Determine the optimal use for parenteral and enteral nutrition to
meet nutrition care goals.
- Calculate parenteral nutrition formulations.
- Determine the appropriate enteral products to meet medical
nutrition therapy goals.
- Utilize standardized processes to analyze nutrition services to
improve efficiency, effectiveness, fiscal health, employee engagement
and/or patient safety.
- Demonstrate effective time management and prioritization of
responsibilities to meet patient care needs and work demands.
- Prepare and present in-depth complex case studies and literature
reviews in the area of clinical nutrition and dietetics practice.