UM Cardiovascular Center
Clinical Nutrition Concentration Competencies
Dietetic Interns in the Clinical Nutrition Concentration internship will have the opportunity to
complete the following Clinical Nutrition Concentration Objectives:
- Plan and implement the Nutrition Care Process for patients with:
- cardiac disease
- various types of cancer
- critical illness
- gastrointestinal diseases and surgeries
- neurology disorders
- renal disease
- Prepare and present in-depth complex case studies and
literature reviews in the area of clinical dietetics.
- Demonstrate the importance of accurately compounding parenteral
- Design clinical nutrition services to improve efficiency, finances,
employee engagement, patient safety, standardized processes.
- Participate in the management of patient care.
- Select and complete a one week elective with a Clinical