Pediatric Nutrition Concentration Competencies
Dietetic Interns in the Pediatric Nutrition Concentration internship will have the opportunity to complete the following Pediatric Clinical Nutrition Concentration Objectives:
- Plan and implement the Nutrition Care Process for:
- neonatology patients
- children with developmental disabilities
- children with liver disease
- children with congenital cardiac abnormalities
- patients with cystic fibrosis
- children with psychiatric disorders
- children with a medical diagnosis of diabetics
- Evaluate and formulate infant formula recipes for infants with complex medical conditions.
- Prepare and present in-depth complex case studies and literature reviews in the area of pediatric clinical dietetics.
- Demonstrate the importance of accurately compounding parenteral nutrient formulations.
- Observe the placement of an enteral feeding tube.
- Design clinical nutrition services in pediatrics to improve efficiency, finances, employee engagement, patient safety, standardized processes.
- Participate in the management of patient care.
- Select and complete a one week elective with a Pediatric Clinical Nutrition emphasis.