Clinical Nutrition Concentration CompetenciesDietetic Interns in the Clinical Nutrition Concentration internship will have the opportunity to complete the following Clinical Nutrition Concentration Objectives:
- Plan and implement the Nutrition Care Process for patients with:
- neurology disorders
- cardiac disease
- renal disease
- critical illness
- gastrointestinal diseases and surgeries
- Prepare and present in-depth complex case studies and literature reviews in the area of clinical dietetics.
- Demonstrate the importance of accurately compounding parenteral nutrient formulations.
- Observe the placement of an enteral feeding tube.
- Design clinical nutrition services to improve efficiency, finances, employee engagement, patient safety, standardized processes.
- Participate in the management of patient care.
Select and complete a one week elective with a Clinical Nutrition emphasis.