- Many more studies need to be done and/or replicated to establish the
benefit of homeopathy. A meta-analysis of 89 double-blinded, placebo-controlled
trials of homeopathy states that "...the clinical effects are not
completely due to placebo alone."
- "High potency" homeopathic remedies are so diluted (only
one molecule of original substance left) that remedies from reputable
homeopathic pharmacies should be quite safe.
- If indeed effective, there is still no proven mechanism of homeopathy.
- Jacobs J, Jimenez M, et al. Treatment of Acute Childhood Diarrhea
with Homeopathic Medicine. Pediatrics 1994; 93:719-725.
- Linde K, Clausius N, et al. Are the Clinical Effects of Homeopathy
Placebo Effects? A Meta-analysis of Placebo-controlled Trials.
Lancet 1997; 350:834-843.