- AAP recommendations for prevention of overweight and obesity:
- Health supervision including identifying patients at risk, monitoring
BMI yearly, encourage breastfeeding, healthy eating patterns, promoting
physical activity, limiting television watching/video time to maximum
of 2 hours per day.
- Emphasis on advocacy in a local, state and national level.2
- Pereira MA, et al. Fast-food habits, weight gain, and insulin resistance
(the CARDIA study): 15 year prospective analysis. Lancet 2005;365:36-42.
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Committee on Nutrition. Prevention
of Pediatric Overweight and Obesity. Pediatrics 2003;112:424-30.