- Liu et al had to discontinue their study due to difficulty obtaining
- Wiswell et al. did not obtain consent and were able to achieve
a larger population of 2094. They looked at incidence of MAS in
infant delivered through all consistencies of meconium.
- Liu William, Harrington T. The need for delivery room intubation
of thin meconium in the low-risk newborn: A clinical trial. American
Journal of Perinatology, 1998; 15:674-682.
- Wiswell TE, Gannon CM, et al. Delivery room management of the
apparently vigorous meconium-stained neonate: results of the multicenter,
international collabrative trial. Pediatrics, 2000; 105:1-7.
- Wiswell TE, Fuloria M. Management of meconium-stained amniotic
fluid. Clinics of Perinatology, 1999; 26:659-668.