The Pediatric Nephrology Service evaluates and treats children with medical diseases of the kidneys and lower urinary tract.
Our Clinical Faculty and highly experienced Pediatric Nurse Practitioners see patients in the clinics where specialized services include:
- Pediatric Dialysis Unit providing chronic dialysis services (hemodialysis and home peritoneal dialysis), and acute dialysis services (acute hemodialysis, continuous veno-venous hemofiltration, and plasmafiltration).
- Pediatric Renal Transplant program that performs 15-20 new kidney transplants a year and follows 80-90 post-transplant patients.
- Pediatric Systemic Lupus Erythematosous Program which is a joint multidisciplinary program with Pediatric Rheumatology.
- Pediatric Hypertension Program with the ability to perform ambulatory blood pressure studies in children and Adolescents.
- General Nephrology Program providing a full range of nephrology care to infants, children and adolescents. Services include care for children with chronic kidney disease, kidney stones, glomerular disease, tubular disorders (renal tubular acidosis, cystinuria, Fanconi’s), along with common pediatric diagnosis (hematuria and proteinuria). We have developed a Chronic Kidney Disease Clinic that comprehensively addresses the issues surrounding Pediatric Chronic Kidney Disease including discussion of the therapeutic options for end-stage Chronic Kidney Disease (hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis and transplantation) to ensure educated choices and timely referrals.
- Peri-natology nephrology consultation is also available.