Newborn infants cared for at C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital receive technologically-advanced, specialized care from nationally-recognized neonatologists.
- an array of specialized services including extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), high frequency ventilation, neonatal surgery, neonatal neurology, therapeutic hypothermia, ultrasound guided vascular access, pediatric interventional radiology, and the full range of pediatric medical and surgical subspecialty services
- specialized neonatal ground, helicopter and fixed-wing transport service which means we can accept patients from a wide geographic area when time is a critical factor;
- faculty known as world authorities on extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), therapeutic hypothermia, neonatal neurology, and advanced ventilatory support;
- family centered care in our state-of-the-art Brandon Newborn Intensive Care Unit, in which each patient has their own room.
- neurodevelopmental follow-up our NICU "Graduates" by faculty from our Child Behavioral Health and Pediatric Neurology divisions.