Newborn infants cared for at C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital receive technologically-advanced, specialized care from nationally-recognized neonatologists.
- an array of specialized services including neonatal surgery, cardiovascular surgery, neonatal neurology, hypothermic neuroprotection (see guidelines), high frequency and synchronized ventilation and a full range of Pediatric Medical and Surgical subspecialty services
- specialized neonatal ground, helicopter and fixed-wing transport service which means we can accept patients from a wide geographic area when time is a critical factor;
- faculty known as world authorities on extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), therapeutic hypothermia and ventilatory support, among other therapies;
- family centered care in our state-of-the-art Holden Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- neurodevelopmental follow-up our our NICU "Graduates" by faculty from our Child Behavioral Health and Pediatric Neurology divisions