Valerie P. Castle, M.D.
Chair, Department of
The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Michigan's C.S. Mott Children's Hospital is nationally recognized for excellence in clinical services, research and education.
Our mission is to provide family-centered care and to seek continuous improvement.
Faculty members within the Department of Pediatrics are actively engaged in research that positively impacts the care of children today and for generations to come. We are consistently among the top institutions to receive funding from the National Institutes of Health.
Our educational programs are among the best in the nation. After completing their training, our residents and fellows go on to private practice or academic positions around the country and the world. Many of our graduates have taken leadership positions at the top medical institutions around the country.
Whether you’re seeking clinical care, information on our research studies, or a residency or Fellowship program you will find it here. For general inquiries, please feel free to CONTACT US.
- 2015 Pediatric Board Review - open for registration
Position announcement: Director, Child Health Evaluation and Research (CHEAR) Unit
- Pediatrics Department Peer Mentoring Program: Kickoff for new round planned for early 2015, click here to sign up
- Adolescent Medicine - New division in the Department of Pediatrics under the direction of Terrill Bravender, MD
GRAND ROUNDS - MCHC Auditorium, Tuesdays, 8-9:00 AM
(Pediatric Grand Rounds can now be viewed online. Log in as a guest and enter your name at: https://connect.umms.med.umich.edu/peds-grd-rds )
March 24: Preventing N. Meningitidis Infection: A new addition to the toolbox.
Janet Gilsdorf, M.D.
Robert P. Kelch M.D. Research Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan
(Note: previous Pediatrics GR presentations may be viewed at Grand Rounds-Recorded Presentations)
UMMS Faculty Development - Upcoming Programs
- Linkage Leadership Academy, 3/24-25, 5/27-28: 4-day immersion workshop designed for mid-level faculty and higher taking on new leadership roles, held 1-2x per year. Nomination requires recommendation by division chief/ department chair. Department sponsors 2-3 participants per session. Click here if you are interested in being nominated for this program.
- Leadership Summit for Women: Leading the future of Academic Medicine & Healthcare – March 30, 2015
( Target audience: faculty & administrators; co-produced by UMMS & Linkage; Department will sponsor 15 faculty participants, click here to sign up.)
Thursday, April 23, 2015 - Friday, April 24, 2015