September 7, 2007
Safe Kids Washtenaw County, Mott Hospital to host three
free car seat inspections this fall
ANN ARBOR, MI – About 90 percent of car seats are installed incorrectly. That’s why Safe Kids Washtenaw Country and the University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital’s Buckle Up! program plan to host three car seat safety check-up events this fall.
The free car seat safety inspections will be held:
- Saturday, Sept. 22, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Prestige Pontiac, 444 James L. Hart Parkway in Ypsilanti
- Saturday, Sept. 29, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. at Harwood Automotive, 6095 N. Monroe Street in Monroe
- Saturday, Oct., 20, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., at Crispin Chevrolet , 7112 E. Michigan Ave. in Saline
These events are designed to increase awareness and proper use of car seats. When used correctly, car seats are one of the most important child safety tools.
No registration is necessary to participate, but parents are asked to bring the following to the event:
- Your child
- Your vehicle with instruction manual
- Your child’s car seat or booster seat
- Car seat instructions
To learn more about this event, call Mott Buckle Up! At 734-763-2251.
Written by: Krista Hopson
E-mail this information to a friend
Recent Press Releases