Target Audience: Students & Faculty | Author/Contact: Mary Ann Brancheau | Last reviewed: 11/2012
UMHS Nursing Clinical Placement: School of Nursing (SON)/Registrars
Click on link below to find out how to proceed...
Graduate student requests can only be accommodated after all U of M School of Nursing graduate student placements have been secured. Please use the following timeline when requesting graduate student-preceptors and submitting ACE Placement request:
- Student and instructor information must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the start of the term.
- All changes or additions must be submitted through the Identity Registration System (IRS). These edits can be submitted at anytime.
- If there is a need to extend a student or instructorís account beyond the current semesterís end date, the request must be made before the account expires. Once the account expires for the term, accounts will not be recreated.
Access Code Distribution:
- U of M students and instructors will receive an e-mail from our UMHS MCIT department directing them to the Level 2 reset page. The e-mail will come through your umich.edu e-mail account. You will be instructed to create a Level 2 password and then login to Microsoft Outlook to obtain your OmniCell and Trace-Vue passwords as needed.
- Non U of M schools will be notified by the Clinical Placement office when the access code information for the instructors and students is completed and available to be picked up. Each instructor and student will receive: a uniqname (user ID), Level 1 and Level 2 password.
You will be instructed to login to UMHS Microsoft Outlook e-mail to obtain your Omnicell and Trace-Vue passwords, as needed.
Mary Anne V. Brancheau, BSN, RN, C
Educational Nurse Coordinator
Clinical Placement and Nurse Extern Program Coordinator
Professional Development and Education
University of Michigan Health System
300 N. Ingalls Suite NI6B09
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5436
Fax: (734) 764-5316