Central Nursing Orientation
Welcome! We believe orientation should be a very positive and
welcoming experience for all new nursing personnel, and at the
same time, convenient for staff who plan and coordinate it.
Internal links; accessible via
For staff who plan and coordinate nursing orientations:
- Check the calendar since room information may change.
- Here are additional quick links: schedule and skills lab guidelines/sessions
- Email the Nurse-CNO @med.umich.edu with deletion of orientees
- If your unit’s hire is from an agency, then review the following: Agency Onboarding Guidelines
For location of epidural classes, please check MLearning (NURS-C13018). If the class takes place in 1H245:
Take West University Hospital (UH) Visitor elevators to level 1. Get off the elevators and turn left into the main hallway. Take the first hallway off the main hall to your right (west side of floor one UH). Check in at the main desk of the Anesthesia Department.
If you have any questions about campus locations, maps, and/or bus schedules, please review the following:
If you have any questions about Central Nursing Orientation:
- Review the FAQ for Central Nursing Orientation (information regarding Human Resource’s New Employee Orientation (NEO) included)
- Contact Professional Development & Education at (734) 763-5282 and/or email Nurse-CNO@med.umich.edu.
Nurse-CNO@med.umich.edu or (734) 763-5283
Target Audience: UMHS Nursing | Author/Contact: Central Nursing Orientation Team | Web Publisher: Irene Knokh | Reviewed: November 2016