Candidates should have completed, or should anticipate completion of a residency in an accredited neurology, psychiatry, internal medicine, pediatrics, family medicine, or otolaryngology training program and should be board-eligible or board-certified in that field.
The University of Michigan Sleep Medicine Fellowship is a one-year program. We will be participating in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) and application materials will only be accepted via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
Required application materials (to be submitted via ERAS):
- ERAS application
- ECFMG Certificate if you graduated from a foreign medical school
- USMLE or COMLEX Scores
- Personal statement - indicating interest in sleep medicine
- 3 letters of recommendation (including one from a current/former program director)
The dates for candidates interested in applying for the 2012-2013 academic year are as follows:
- July 1, 2012: ERAS opens
- July 15, 2012: The University of Michigan Sleep Medicine Fellowship program will begin downloading applications
- August 1 – September 1, 2012: Interview invitations will be extended to qualified applicants
- September 1 – October 15, 2012: Interviews
- September 15, 2012: Ranking opens
- October 31, 2012: Ranking deadline
- November 14, 2012: Match Day
- July 1, 2013: Training begins
The University of Michigan is a non-discriminatory, affirmative action employer and encourages women and minorities to apply.
For further information, please contact:
Univerisity of Michigan
1914 Taubman Center
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5036