- Current and Cutting Edge
- The Changing Face of Critical Care Cardiology
- Shashank S. Sinha, M.D., MSc
- Prologue: It's not your father's coronary care unit anymore. Which patients comprise the modern cardiac intensive care unit (CICU)?
Read MoreIn this video, Dr. Shashank Sinha examines comprehensive national data on the number, types and outcomes of patients admitted to CICUs over the past decade. Temporal trends demonstrate a rise in primary non-cardiac diagnoses, leading to important training and staffing implications.
- Changes in Primary Noncardiac Diagnoses Over Time Among Elderly Cardiac Intensive Care Unit Patients in the United States
- Accompanying Editorial (Dr. David Morrow, Director, Cardiac Intensive Care Unit, Brigham and Women's Hospital)
Our mission is to inspire scientists, researchers, and the public by sharing innovative bioscience research from the University of Michigan. We use short video interviews and presentations to make the ideas accessible and introduce the people behind the work.
Contribute a story
Contact us to share your story