Wireless Networks at the Medical School
|Where is it available?||Equipment|
|Windows Active Directory (can be set to level-1||All UMMS/UMHS buildings and Central Campus||Laptops, Smartphones, Tablets|
|Level-2 (Outlook)||All UMMS/UMHS buildings||Laptops, Smartphones, Tablets|
|Network WEP key||All UMMS/UMHS buildings||Blackberry and older equipment unable to use WPA2 encryption|
Offsite Access to UMHS Network
- This network is available to all students, faculty, and staff of the University.
- Accessing MWireless requires that you know your U-M Windows Active Directory (UMROOT) password. This password may be different from your UMICH Kerberos password. If you don't know your U-M Windows Active Directory password and/or you are having trouble logging in, you should reset your passwords; make sure the U-M Windows Active Directory box is checked. Contact the ITS Service Center at 764-HELP for questions or further help with setting this password.
- Students who have used the Mediasite lecture capture system have already set the password.
- Instructions to set up your devices can be found here: https://wiki.umms.med.umich.edu/display/UMHSHELPDESK/MWireless-UMHS
The UMHS-8021X is only available to Faculty, Staff, and Students with a Level-2 (Outlook) password, and extends to most buildings of the UMHS.
In order to connect a computer to the UMHS-8021X network, you must pre-configure the network on your device. After these initial steps, you will will be able to connect to the UMHS-8021X network automatically without re-authenticating. Select your operating system below for instruction on how to set up your computer for use on the 8021x network.
- For instruction on setting up your device: https://wiki.umms.med.umich.edu/display/UMHSHELPDESK/UMHS-8021X
- Recommended for:
- Blackberry and;
- older equipment unable to use WPA2 encryption
- This network is available in all UMHS buildings.
- This network is only available to registered users.
- Medical students: Register your device by clicking here.
- All Others: Contact the MCIT Help Desk at 936-8000 or refer to the MCIT Networking web site.