Laptop Media Tests
Below is a series of commonly used applications that are used during the M1 and M2 years of Medical School. We have provided links to media that you can use to see how these applications will work on your computer. You can use this information to help you decide if you wish to purchase a new laptop at this time. If your computer does not run these programs and/or performance is poor, you may wish to purchase a new computer. Please note, you will need to separate network performance (e.g., download times) from computer performance (e.g., applications not working). If you have questions or need help, please email email@example.com or call the LRC Help Desk M-F, 8 am - 5 pm at 734-936-2239.
To Test Lecture Videos
- All lectures are recorded using Mediasite. You may be required to install the Silverlight Player to view lectures. If needed, Click Here.
- Access the Mediasite Lecture Video test, Click Here.
To Test Virtual Images for Histology and Pathology
- Aperio ePathology Viewer (free to install, $4.99 to upgrade in-app purchase to access our Histology and Pathology slides): https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aperio-epathviewer-for-ipad/id495328213?mt=8
- Configuration instructions here: http://histology.med.umich.edu/node/84
All others (Laptops, Android, etc.)
- Webscope links use Adobe Flash Player. If needed, Click Here.
- Access a virtual slide using Aperio WebScope: Click Here
To Test Professional Skill Builder
- Go to the following page: Click Here
- Play the video.
- Answer the question.
For Additional Information about Laptops:
The Learning Resource Center Laptop Purchasing Guide - detailed view. Click Here.
For Personal Assistance:
If you have questions or need help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the LRC Help Desk M-F, 8 am - 5 pm at 734-936-2239.