Important Information Regarding Your Appointment — Please Read
Please note — in addition to your Physician’s examination, your appointment may also include diagnostic imaging, Ultra Sound, special tests and/or Physical Therapy, if indicated, so please allow approximately two hours for your visit.
We request that you arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time, or we may need to reschedule your appointment.
What to Bring with You
- Your insurance card
- List of current medications you are taking
- Any pertinent Medical records, test results, x-rays, EMG’s, MRI’s, (films or CD’S), etc. (must have both films/CD’s and written reports). If any of the above were provided by a University of Michigan Center or Physician, we will have access to these and you do not need to bring them to the appointment.
- Th University Health Service (UHS) records are not available to us if you were seen prior to August 15, 2012, you will need to bring those with you.
- Any forms that need to be filled out by the Physician. Your portion of the form should be completed prior to arriving for your appointment.
- Shorts or comfortable clothing and tennis shoes (in case you need to do Physical Therapy while you are here). If you are a female patient being seen for a shoulder problem, please bring a tank top. We have full locker room services.
- You are expected to obtain any referrals and pre-authorization required by your insurance company prior to the appointment. These must be available at the time of appointment, or you will be advised to sign a waiver stating that you are responsible for all charges incurred.
- You will be expected to pay any co pays that apply to your insurance, on the day of service. We accept cash, check or charge.
- If you do not have insurance or if you know that your insurance plan does not provide coverage for office visits, you will need to pay on the day of your appointment. If you are unable to pay, you will need to make financial arrangements with the University of Michigan prior to your visit, by calling Patient Business Services at 877-326-9155 or 734-232-2621, Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. or you can email: PFC-Counselors@med.umich.edu
For specific plans:
Managed Care Plans/HMO’s — You must have a referral from your Primary Care Physician in order for the visit to be covered by your insurance. Referrals should include x-rays and any other diagnostic testing your Physician feels may be necessary. You may need a referral to Physical Therapy as well.
Commercial Plans — Some Commercial plans will not cover office visits. If you fall under this category, please plan to pay your office visit fees in full on the date of service. We will give you a receipt which can be submitted to your insurance plan for reimbursement.
Workers Compensation — MedSport requires written authorization from the Workers Compensation company stating that they are willing to cover the services provided as well as the address that statements should be sent to. An authorization number and/or case manager’s phone number is not sufficient.
We look forward to caring for you at MedSport’s Sports Medicine Program. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our office at 734-930-7400, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The MedSport Staff