Edward M. Wojtys, M.D.
Edward M. Wojtys, M.D., is the William S. Smith Collegiate Professor in the University of Michigan’s Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and chief of sports medicine at U-M’s MedSport Program. UMHS is proud to recognize and support Dr. Wojtys’s many contributions to orthopaedic surgery and sports medicine.
- Team physician, University of Michigan Men’s Lacrosse Team
- Chair, National Institutes of Health-National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIH-NIAMS) Data and Safety Monitoring Board
- Editor-in-Chief, Sports Health: A Multidisciplinary Approach
- Board of Directors, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Member, NFL Injury and Safety Panel
Honors and Awards
- “125 Outstanding Knee Surgeons,” Becker’s Orthopaedic, Spine & Pain Management Review
- 2012 Excellence in Research Award, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine for his work in ACL injuries in female athletes
- National Institutes of Health, “Using BMSC-Derived Bone-Ligament-Bone Tissue as a Live Template for ACL Regeneration In Vivo,” 07/01/12-06/30/14
- Orthopaedic Department Internal Grant, “ACL Injury Mechanisms,” Chu, 05/06-05/15
- Footwear and Method to Reduce ACL Injury Risk, University of Michigan File No. 5287, January 16, 2012
Recent National Poster Presentation
- Wojtys EM, Jannausch ML, Kreinbrink JL, Sowers MR: Effect of Athletic Activity on Hormone Levels in High School Female Athletes: at American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine Annual Meeting, Chicago, Illinois, July 10-14, 2013.
Structural and functional analysis of the semitendinosus tendon after harvest for soft tissue reconstructive procedures: a dynamic ultrasonographic study.