Jon Sekiya, M.D.
Jon Sekiya, M.D., is the Larry S. Matthews Collegiate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery in the University of Michigan’s Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and U-M MedSport. UMHS is proud to recognize and support his contributions to the field.
- Team physician for University of Michigan athletic department
- Team physician for Eastern Michigan University athletic department
- Former team physician for U.S. Navy SEALS, Seton Hill University and University of Pittsburgh
- Board of Directors, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
In the News
Honors and Awards
- “Top 15 Worldwide Individual Impact Factor,” in the Orthopaedic Literature for Surgeons and Scientists in 2012
- “Best Doctors 2012”
- “Top 20 Cited Articles for 2008 to 2001,” Arthroscopy Journal
- Research Scholarship Award, Arthroscopy Association of North America, Bayer JL, Bigelow, EM, Jameel O, Sekiya JK: The Effect of Partial Labrectomy on Hip Joint and Capsular Biomechanics
- Best Scientific Paper Presentation Award; Magerkurth O, Jacobson JA, Morag Y, Caoili E, Fessell D, Sekiya JK: Capsular laxity of the hip: findings at MR arthrography, European Congress of Radiology, Annual Meeting, Vienna, Austria
- Adidas Project (consultant); Zernicke RF, Sekiya JK, Miller BS; The goal of this project is to assess/reduce injury potential and increase performance in football and basketball. Partnership with U-M Athletics, Kinesiology, MedSport/Medicine, and Biomedical Engineering.