International Faculty & Visiting Scholars

Hiring a foreign national employee differs significantly from hiring a U.S. citizen. If you are a foreign national employee you must provide your hiring unit with an employment-based visa before you can work in the U.S.

If you are a non-U.S. citizen or permanent resident your offer of employment is contingent on your securing valid immigration status and work authorization before your expected start date and maintaining your valid immigration status and work authorization throughout your employment.

For specific questions about employment visa, please contact your hiring department or the International Center. You may also contact Debra Komorowski in the Faculty Affairs office at (734)764-9140.

Doctor with a patient