Clinical & Health Services Research Award
This award recognizes a faculty member or group of faculty members who are identified as having made outstanding contributions to the Medical School in clinical or health services research. This award carries a $5,000 discretionary academic support prize given to the faculty member or group.
There is a two-stage selection process. The selection committee reviews the nominations and provides a list of potential awardees to the Dean of the Medical School, who makes the final selection.
Nominees must be faculty of the University of Michigan Medical School.
Complete nominations must include the following:
- Please combine the documents listed below into one PDF in the following order.
- Please name PDF document as: PI Last name-Clinical Res Sci Award 2013
- Completed Nomination Form.
- A nomination letter (maximum five pages).
- Research description: a summation of the nominee’s research (maximum three pages).
- Up to three letters of support from University of Michigan faculty.
- The nominee’s curriculum vitae.
- One manuscript or abstract reflecting the substance of research achievement.
Previous Nominations: If a previous nominee still meets the eligibility for this award, you may submit their previous nomination materials by adding a newly completed nomination form and their current CV. Other updates will also be accepted.
Please submit completed nomination packets electronically
in a single PDF document by Wednesday, May 1, 2013 to:
Samuel M. Silver, M.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Dean for Research
Please direct any questions to Paula van Velden at 734-764-2204 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that e-mail submissions are not error-proof. We will acknowledge receipt of all electronic submissions. If you do not receive a response from us by the end of the next business day, please call 734-764-2204.
2012 Steven J. Katz, M.D., M.P.H. & Maha Hussain, M.D., F.A.C.P.
2011 Ronald D. Chervin, M.D., M.S. & Eve A. Kerr, M.D., M.P.H.
2010 James T. Elder, M.D., Ph.D.
2009 Frederic C. Blow, Ph.D.
2008 Kevin Chung, M.D.
2007 A. Mark Fendrick, M.D. & William H. Herman, M.D., MPH.
2006 Laurence H. Baker, D.O.
2005 Rodney A. Hayward, M.D. & Mark S. Kaminski, M.D.
2004 John DeLancey, M.D.
2003 Gary L. Freed, M.D., Ph.D.
2002 Fred Morady, M.D.
2001 Sewon Kang, M.D. & Gary Fischer, Ph.D.