Diversity Matters at Michigan
To highlight and emphasize the importance of diversity on our entire campus, the U-M has created a place to learn about our long term commitment to diversity.
"An essential factor in our academic excellence is our diversity. When you bring together students, faculty and staff of different backgrounds and different experiences, you create an intellectual experience that is unmatched in higher education."
— President Mary Sue Coleman
Our health system has several efforts and resources on diversity.
Other U-M diversity related offices for faculty, students and staff
- National Center for Institutional Diversity
- Human Resources & Affirmative Action
- Office of Academic Multicultural Initiatives
- Office of Institutional Equity
- Office of the Ombuds
- The University of Michigan’s Non-discrimination and Affirmative Action Statement