The Department of Learning Health Sciences offers assistance and consultation for research design and statistical needs within the field of medical education. Our faculty can advise you on how to design and conduct your own research and analyze the data you gather:
Our ServicesWe offer consultation in:
- Designing a medical educational research study
- Selecting an experimental design
- Data entry and organization
- Data management
- Data analysis
- Interpreting results
- Preparing data for publication
- We consulted with the Office of Medical Education to refine student records.
- We provided assistance in designing survey instruments to assess medical school student's residency selections.
- We assisted faculty from the Department of Radiology with analyzing data regarding their residency program.
- We have advised faculty on how to prepare and present their data for publication to peer-reviewed journals
Our faculty have extensive and diverse expertise in research design and statistical analysis, and are skilled in both quantitative and qualitative data analysis. In addition to consulting and data support, our faculty ensure the validity of data analyses produced by the department.
If you would like additional assistance beyond consulting advice, our Data Management and Analysis Group is available to provide fee-based services.
For more information or to request a consultation, please contact: James T. Fitzgerald, Ph.D.