The Department of Medical Educationís Data Management and Analysis Group (DMAG) offers fee-based assistance and consultation for research design and statistical needs within the field of medical education.
These services are available to all U-M faculty and staff as well as external clients.
- Research design, data collection, data management, statistical support, and data analysis.
- Design of survey instruments, power analysis for estimating sample size, and other start-up procedures for research projects.
- Consultation on data collection methods, entry procedures, and organization.
Our faculty have extensive and diverse expertise in research design and statistical analysis, and are skilled in both quantitative and qualitative data analysis. Our experience includes:
- Database management (Microsoft Access, Oracle, FileMaker Pro).
- Statistical analysis using various statistical packages (including SAS, SPSS, JMP).
- General data processing and handling.
- Research focusing on medical education, chronic disease, and minority populations.
Examples of fee-based research design and statistical support:
- Developing, scoring, and validating the annual Gastroenterology Training Exam for the American Gastroenterological Association.
- Designing an evaluation program for a national medical education intervention study.
- Designing the evaluation component of an online dementia educational program for the U-M School of Nursing.
- Evaluating summer training programs for medical students.
- Maintaining quantitative and qualitative data for diabetes research surveys, geriatric education assessments, and other studies.