Department of Learning Health Sciences faculty collaborate with Medical School course directors to determine the best instructional practices and to support the education of medical students, residents and faculty. This includes:
- Developing and studying innovative teaching methods
- Defining educational outcomes and competencies
- Assessing learner performance
- Developing and updating course evaluations
- Conducting long-term follow-up surveys to determine the institutional and health-service impact of training programs
- Conducting and reporting research on teaching evaluation data at conferences and in scholarly journals
Contact: Larry D. Gruppen, Ph.D.